Griffen Farms

Griffen Farms
Ella not happy to go on hay ride

Monday, October 6, 2008

WOW, BIG PICTURE

As you can tell, I am still trying to figure out the pic thing on my blog. Wow!!!Is that picture big or what? Hope I can get it smaller....

The weekend was great. Pete and I took the little girls to Griffen Farms on Saturday morning. They were so excited to see all the animals that was there. I didn't think we would get Ella away from the little donkey's. She and June loved the pony ride, hayride, playing in the garden they had there and for some reason Ella was fascinated with the wind mill. I don't know why, but she sure thought that was pretty neat. When we wanted to leave to go home, June was very sad because she did not want to leave, but we wanted to get back to watch the Saturday afternoon session of the LDS conference. But she was soon satisfied, because she spent the night with Grandma and Grandpa.


When June spends the night with us she usually stays up later than her Mom and Dad would want her to, but OH WEll!!!! What happens at Grandma's, stays at Grandma. Don't you love that saying? We sure enjoy having her stay the night with us.

Sunday was a very spiritual day. I love watching conference. The talks were so good and the speakers reminded us of all the things we need to be doing. I love having my cup filled this way every 6 months. When President Monson announced the Temple in the Great Kansas City area, I did not get it until that evening, when my sister from Az. called and we got to talking about the temple. HUM...........I wonder where it will be built? Could it be in Independence? I guess we will see in a few weeks or months.

Not only is Sunday a spiritual day, but also a good family day. After we come home from church, the whole family gets together for dinner. One week we will have it at David's, then Kaelen's. then our house. We rotate every week. It makes it real nice, because then one person doesn't do it all the time. We also have family game night, but it is getting harder to have it consistently because if we don't get started until 6:00 p.m. we only have one hour to play. David makes sure June gets her bath at 7:00 and she is in bed by 7:30. Pete and I took her to the movie this afternoon and did not get her home until after 7:00 so she had a "dirty day". For a 7 year old that was good news for her. Don't get me wrong, she likes baths but sometimes she just wants a dirty day. As soon as I get the picture thing figured out I will add some pics.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I love the title. :) You're really funny.... I mean it, you are funny. Lot's funnier than I remember. JK

It's so nice to read about you and your family. Keep me posted-- get it? Posted?