Griffen Farms

Griffen Farms
Ella not happy to go on hay ride

Sunday, October 26, 2008

MY CUP RUNNETH OVER

Yesterday and today have been very spititual days. My cup has been filled with so many good things that the spirit of the Lord has just been awesome.

Yesteday (Satuday) Time our for Women came to Omaha for the first time, and it was awesome. We had so many good speakes and music. Mary Ellen Edmunds was absoutely hillarouis. She had us laughing and crying all in one. Kenneth Cope sang his wondeful songs throughout the day. Wendy Ulrich talked about forgiveness and Pam Larson was also a very good speaker. Cherrie call sang her songs. I went with my daughter Kaelen, and a friend from my ward here in Nebraska. It was great.

Today was a very spiritual day also. Pete was called to be the 2nd counselor in the Singles Ward of our stake. We are in the Council Bluffs stake. The blessing Brother Beck gave him when he set Pete apart was very inspired. The spirit was so strong, we all were crying after the blessing.
What a blessing the gospel of Jesus Christ is in our lives. The opportunities are endless, if we just grasp them. I have such a strong testimony of the gospel and I am so thankful for the Priesthood. I am thankful for my testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ. I know without a doubt the chruch is true.

After leaving the Singles ward, we had to go back to our home ward so Pete could teach his last Gospel Doctrine Lesson. It was bittersweet, because I felt like I was just getting to be a part of the ward, but I also know this is where we are supposed to be for now.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Singles wards are GREAT!!! You're gonna love it. And when you go back to your family ward all the people are going to think you're new in the ward. :) and :(

Brianne said...

You will be great with the singles. They always need great female influence (like my mom):) Pete will also be great!!